Master Electrician

It’s essential to identify common wiring issues to prevent it from causing more damage. Flickering of lights, damaged appliances, or high electric bills can be signs of having electrical problems in your home. You can identify these issues on your own but it’s safer to consult with a master electrician first before attempting to fix anything.


One of the most common causes of house fires is due to overlamping. This is when a light fixture has a bulb that has a higher wattage. A 100-watt light bulb in a 60-watt fixture will cause the fixture to heat up. The danger level of this issue is high as the bulb’s intense heat can melt the insulation and socket on the fixtures' wires.

Uncovered junction box

A person could get electrocuted or damage the wires when the junction box houses the splices where the wires are all connected to one another. However, this shouldn’t be a major problem as long as the wires aren’t within reach.

Flickering of lights during windy weather

Whenever the cables move or are being blown by the wind, frayed wiring in the weatherhead will cause a short circuit. This is a high issue since the frayed wirings can start a fire, which is very dangerous to your home and nearby houses.

Few outlets

Due to having only a few outlets in the house, there is heavy dependence on extensions cords and power strips. However, this is safe as long as you use heavy-duty or thicker extension cords. Undersized cords can overheat and start a fire.

These are some of the common wiring issues you need to know. It’s vital to identify these problems as early as possible to prevent further damages. It is also important to contact your master electrician to get electrical advice and be able to fix it safely.